SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Summer Salmon Salad Tacos

Summer and Salmon are a match made in heaven, if you ask me. Fresh, flaky fish that pairs perfectly with dynamic flavors like chile, jalapenos and citrus. I was inspired to make this recipe after visiting a friends house a few weeks ago, and I have been eating it for lunch every chance I get. It's healthy, fresh, and filling - which for me checks every box on my list. Each summer my dad goes fishing in Alaska, and brings back loads of the most amazing fresh king salmon, so I am hoping to add a few more salmon recipes to my arsenal this summer and maybe even the winter as well. 



Summer Salmon Salad Tacos

INGREDIENTS: 

+ corn tortillas
+ 7.5 oz wild caught, fully cooked, salmon *
+ three small sweet peppers
+ 1 fresh jalapeno
+ cilantro
+ 1 t - 1 T mayonnaise (add slowly depending on your liking)
+  lemon
+ avocado
+ toppings: (optional) I like to add tobasco sauce, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, pepperoncini peppers, and more avocado.

*note: this will work great with canned salmon, and even with leftover salmon from the night before. I don't add "wild" to be trendy or sound cool, but I do not recommend eating farmed salmon. It comes with the risk of antibiotics and being genetically modified, and is often injected with dye to make it more pink. If you choose to do so, eat with discretion.

DIRECTIONS:

I. Finely chop the peppers, cilantro and jalapeno (If  I am making this for myself, I use the whole pepper, but if I am sharing with Logan I only use half).  

II.  Put chopped veggies in a bowl and add salmon. Mix thoroughly, breaking the salmon down into flaky bits until no big chunks are left.

III. Begin adding mayonnaise one teaspoon at a time until you have a consistency you like. I prefer my salmon just moist enough to avoid dryness, but I try to stay away from the mayonnaise flavor taking over. Also, keep in mind that lemon juice is coming next. :)

IV. When mixed thoroughly squeeze in lemon juice from lemon. Start with half of the lemon and add more according to taste. Finish with cracked pepper.

V. Heat corn tortillas over an open flame until slightly crispy, but still pliable. Fill with salmon salad.

VI. Top with avocado slices and anything else you prefer. I swear by topping it with tobasco, Its spicy and brings out all the other flavors perfectly. 


Enjoy! What are your favorite yummy lunch recipes?

XO, B


Post a Comment