SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

What I'm Reading: Baby Lit Board Book Collection

What's the first thing you bought when you found out you were pregnant? For me, it was books for my baby. I love reading and wanted to pass that love down onto Logan and any future children the Lord may provide for us. This leads me to share with you this fabulous book collection! 
I think getting excited about baby books may permanently classify me as a nerd, but I really don't mind because these are just too fun to keep to myself!


I discovered this series on Amazon, and it was love at first sight. Someone has adapted some of my favorite literature into small board books that I can read to my baby while also teaching them things like animals, colors, and numbers? Just take my money, okay? I will admit I was slightly skeptical at first because they do have a pretty high price tag. Individually they can cost anywhere from $6-9. That seemed like a lot to me for a book that I will be reading to Logan for a relatively short time, So I did some digging. Enter, the greatest store known to man, Costco! I was able to purchase a set of eight books for $22 (if you are interested, follow this link). I have become so fond of these books, and value the unique was they teach children, that I would happily buy them individually at full price.




Babylit books describe themselves as "is the fashionable way to introduce your toddler to the world of classic literature, while learning numbers, sounds, animals, colors, and more! This box set is perfect for sharing with the whole family." The book are beautifully illustrated, have pages that small baby hands can easily turn, and they really do a good job of incorporating all the necessary elements of these complex novels. So far my favorites have been The Wizard of Oz (which teaches colors), and Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (an adorable primer on sound). Logan learned many new sounds and noises from the Sherlock Holmes book which made it even more fun to read! I am a lover of classic baby books, and I have no doubt these books will be cherished for many generations to come. 


XO, B

Post a Comment