SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Homemade Trader Joe's Tempting Trail Mix

Trail mix is one of my favorite snacks. Mostly because it's a very acceptable excuse to eat chocolate. This trail mix is the queen of all trail mixes. Combining peanut butter and chocolate chips, roasted nuts and perfectly dried cherries, what more could you ask for? I can't claim credit for this combination, that honor goes to Joe, well, Trader Joe's to be precise! 



 We used to have this trail mix around the house as kids and I would try to grab handfuls with the maximum amount of peanut butter chips and minimum amount of almonds. Turns out I haven't matured much, and still love this for the sweet and salty love affair it brings to my tastebuds. I still bought this locally for our pantry after Ian and I got married, but when it started only being sold in personal size packs, for what I thought was a steep price tag, I decided to make my own. If you don't currently have nuts at home, I recommend looking to buy from Costco or bulk sales at Sprouts / Whole Foods, I find them to be the best deal. I found the peanut butter chips in bulk at Sprouts as well!  I hope you love this trail mix as much as I do!




One note on the cooking, if you opt to roast your own almonds, allow them to cool until just slightly warm. When you combine all the ingredients the peanut butter chips will be slightly melty. Pop the bowl in the fridge and you will have yummy clusters of nuts and chocolate.

INGREDIENTS:

- 2 1/2 cups roasted almonds
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Belgian dark chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!


Post a Comment