SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Homemade Tub and Tile cleaner

Soap scum and shower cleaning weren't on my mind when I started a blog, but today I want to share my recipe for homemade shower cleaner with you all. This concoction has kept our shower tile, tub and chrome knobs sparkling clean ever since I started making it. I love this recipe because it uses ingredients you most likely have, and is non toxic, so I feel great about cleaning the shower even right before Logan takes a bath. I have played with the recipe over the past year or so and this is the ratio I prefer. A lot of recipes call for equal parts soap and vinegar but I found that to be waaaaaaay too sudsy and hard to wash off.




Ingredients + Supplies:
 - an 8 oz. glass spray bottle
- measuring cups and spoons
- a small funnel
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 T dish soap ( I use dawn, but any kind will work - preferably unscented)
- 25 drops Thieves Essential Oil

Directions:
 1. Combine the vinegar and soap in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the glass bottle.
2. Add the essential oils. shake to combine.
3. Spray away grime on your shower, scrub and rinse!


Easy, right? I've found this needs a good shake before you use it, but other than that it works like a dream!



Happy Cleaning!

XO, B

3 comments :

  1. Where did you get the glass spray bottle? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica!
      Amazon has amber glass spray bottles you can buy that are available on prime. For mine I used a cleaned Health Ade Kombucha bottle with a sprayer that I had from a cheap Ikea bottle! It worked perfectly, although I did have to cut down the stem a bit :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this is neat Brooke! I will start following you.

    ReplyDelete