SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 20, 2018

French Farmhouse Haul from IKEA

Hello Friends! I hope this Monday is treating you well, and you are ready and refreshed for the week ahead! As our home renovation has progressed, we are finally moving in to the decorating stage (my favorite part of all). Due to my tendency to research things to a hilt, I often find the exact perfect piece for a room, but sadly it is usually out of our budget range. This past weekend, my mom and I had to pop into IKEA to get a few things. I hadn't been in a while, and they actually had some things that fit my style. Personally, I lean more toward traditional decor, however, Ian likes more rustic and industrial things. Those two blended falls usually in the french farmhouse style, and thankfully we usually have an easy time finding and arranging things. 


Although usually budget friendly, I've found a lot at IKEA is more modern or Scandinavian style, which can clash with the overall tone of our home. They have so many great textured, and woven pieces that easily add life to a room, while still staying true to a classic decor. Below I've linked some the things I loved, and some ideas for using them in your space.






Faux Greenery - People have mixed opinions on this, but I think used sparingly, a fake plant can bring a lot of life to a space yearround. I got this small one to stage a bookshelf. It acts as a sort of bookend and looks lovely with out screaming "I'm not real". Plus they are kid proof, so that's a plus.

Jute Rug - This rug is actually pretty soft for a woven natural rug, and is the perfect size and shape for layering. I want to use this for layering rugs in the kids bedroom eventually. I love the look of Jute layered with a softer pile rug on top. 

Bathroom Hook - New hardware can add a ton of new life to a space when you can afford to make more drastic changes. And at under $3 a piece, you could use these in the bathroom, for coat hooks in an entry way or in a closet.

Handled Cutting Board - I absolutely love these mini cutting boards. They are the perfect size to add to a wedding gift, and because they are wood, you can easily customize them with an engraving. 

Aside from what I listed, I also love Ikea's classic soda glasses and their selection of kids toys. What are things you have grabbed there that you love?

XO, B 


Post a Comment