SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Pregnancy Skincare Haul + How I Reversed My Melasma

With only three weeks of this pregnancy left, I have been thinking about how different things have been this time around. My symptoms were different, body changes have happened differently, and so many other details have made this a whole new experience. I have no idea how much of this is due to carrying a girl this time around, or due to a hundred other variables that have been thrown in the mix.  With Logan, my skins condition did improve quite a bit, but I still had small breakouts and what I thought was normal to dull skin tone. If you have been following me for a while, you know that I love natural skincare and try to keep things as organic as possible when it comes to what I put on my skin. I do, however want things that actually work and show results. 



A few months ago I ran out of almost all my face products simultaneously. I always enjoy trying new products and decided to look into some other options for my skins current condition. I wanted to find things to brighten my skintone, that were helpful for anti aging and something that would help address the melasma (or hyper-pigmentation) I developed on my nose throughout this pregnancy. It was mildly noticeable, and after doing some online reading, it seems to usually resolve itself after giving birth. Obviously skin regeneration is crucial for healthy skin, and I wanted to try to clear up, or at least halt, the discoloration that had started on my nose. I decided to try some products that contain vitamin c - which I had used years ago to fade some acne scars.

After spending over an hour on sephora's website (#overwhelming), I found a vitamin C serum from Ole Henriksen  and exfoliating face wash from Ren Skincare that fit my needs. I started using them regularly - 5x's a week for the serum, and 2-3x;s a week for the wash and noticed almost an immediate difference in my skin, It was brighter, more luminescent, had an even tone, and my melasma faded substantially over the first week. About three months have passed since I started using these items, and my melasma is completely gone, and I have had no negative side effects .

In addition to these two products to target my melasma, I ordered a few other things I have been using daily. First, I tried out this argan oil moisturizer from Josie Maran. What drew me to it was the fact that many of the reviews said it primes skin well for makeup. It leaves your skin feeling soft and supple, while not overly oily or moist. I can definitely say this is a new staple in my skincare arsenal. I agree with other reviewers that it is the perfect skin primer. I usually opt for a tinter moisturizer, or Tarte's amazonian clay foundation, and they blend so smoothly and evenly over my skin now.


In addition, I grabbed a sample size of Boscia's detoxifying cleanser, which I have liked so far. It's gentle and not overly drying, but has also help remove toxins and buildup that comes with daily life.  Along with this I decided to plunge myself into the world of using eye cream. I figured it would give me a few months to find something that would hopefully hide the fact that I won't be sleeping too much for a few months. I chose Tarte's Maracuja C - Brighter Eye Treatment, which had SO many stunning reviews and thus far I have really liked it. I feel like that area around my eye is moist and well hydrated for the whole day and evening after I use it. My skin isn't prone to dark circles, so I unfortunately cannot comment on that aspect of this product, but it did have excellent comments regarding helping brighten the color of the skin below and around the eye lid. Its a small amount, but it will last a long time, since only such a small amount is used.


Overall I would call this group of products my favorite skincare haul to date, and highly recommend them, especially for any pregnant ladies struggling with hyper-pigmentation. Most of my reading indicated there was nothing to be done about this condition until after having baby, but I was relieved to get a head start in healing and renewing my skin.

You can find all these products below, as well as some of my other skincare favorites that I swear by below, or in stores
         

        

Post a Comment