SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Oak & Oleander: From My Home to Yours

What do you think of when you think of connecting and sharing life with others around you? For me the first thing that pops into my head is welcoming a friend or two into my home, making hot tea, and enjoying conversation that seems to only take up minutes of the day- when in reality, hours are slipping by, filled with laughter, sharing our interests and just catching up on life. 

I first began blogging while I was in high school, and mostly posted about food and various things I found amusing at the time.

In the time that has passed since then, I became a wife , mother, and homemaker -  roles that I cherish, and desire to execute with grace. I seek to find enjoyment in life's simple tasks like making my husbands favorite dessert, teaching my children with purposeful care, making our home a haven, and all the things we as women find ourselves needing to do. 

Previously, I titled my blog " Motherhood in Bloom", but as time passed I realized that my heart is to share and connect with all women, not only those who are mothers.

I created this space to share my love for life lived by God's daily grace, homemaking, cooking, marriage, motherhood, natural living, handmade DIY projects and hosting parties of all kinds. These things come straight from my heart and home, which is why I chose the name Oak & Oleander.  The first time we visited the property we now call our home, I immediately noticed the thick and lush oleander hedges, as well as a giant oak tree which shades a great deal of our yard. I hope this virtual space will reflect all the warmth and welcome you would feel  if I could have you into my home for a cup of tea or coffee. 

I am learning there is no task too small to be done well, and I would love to get to know you on this journey, so please reach out and subscribe! 

xo, B



Post a Comment