SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Quick Makeup Routine for Busy Ladies

I've never been one to have a long morning routine. I enjoy getting ready for the day, but like to keep things simple and to the point, especially when it comes to applying makeup. When I worked I had a daily routine I stuck to, and at times would put on more makeup  if I was going out afterwards. The same is true today as a mom with a bit less time in the mornings. 
Putting on some makeup each day helps me feel put together, presentable, and ready to take on the world. It takes less than 3 minutes start to finish, and I have never not had the time to include this step in my day. I went to makeup school after college, and these products are ones I have used daily for years. Some are naturally based, and some are not, but I am okay with a mix of both at this point. I wanted to share this for those busy ladies out there who may need a streamlined makeup routine, or who don't know where to start.


Step 1. Pacifica BB Cream and Moisturizer - I love this product because it evens out my skin tone and serves as a moisturizer. It is breathable, mineral based, and has never caused any breakouts on my skin. I apply a pea sized dot to my whole using my fingers, and it leaves my skin looking plump and glowing.

Step 2. Nars Blush -  This blush is pricey, and hands down the very best I have ever used. It is so blendable and makes you skin look like it is lit up from within. I apply a small amount on my cheeks using a brush and blend it backwards.

Step 3. Boy Brow - This is another product that lives up to all the hype it gets. I have tried many brow gels in the past, but they either are too heavy or too shiny. This is a filler, shaper and "fluffer" as they say. Before I had this product I didn't do my brows every day, because powder just took too long. This takes a few swipes, and my brows look more full, and their shape is set for the day. I think eyebrows are the most underestimated part of the face, and filling them in well goes a very long way.

Step 4. Pacifica Eyeliner - I have used this pencil almost every day for three years, and our love affair is still going strong. It glides on smoothly and doesn't smudge.What more could I ask for in an eyeliner? I usually do a small wing tip to open up my eyes. This also helps me look like I have had more sleep than I may have.

Step 5. MAC Mascara  - This is another product with a higher price point, but for me it is so worth it. When I was in makeup school I tried every, single, mascara. This is my go to. It layers well and doesn't come off in water, despite the fact it isn't a  "waterproof" item.I apply a few coats of this, and then I am done.

I can promise you it took you longer to read this whole post, then it will to do your whole face. Here are my results! I hope you try this and it simplifies your life!


XO. B

Post a Comment