SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Baby's First Christmas Ornament - DIY

I cannot believe Christmas is already upon us, can you? Last Christmas I remember thinking " Logan will be SEVEN months when we celebrate Christmas next year- how is that possible?!?" Well, time waits for no one, and my baby is growing bigger by the minute. Emily Magers took our family Christmas photos a few weeks ago and I just can't get over how sweet and big this boy is! 






I wanted to commemorate Logan's first Christmas with a special ornament that we could cherish for many years to come, and something we could duplicate with future children. This DIY is really simple, and has a classic look that I love. This doesn't have to be just for babies - I did something similar last year using dried flowers from my wedding bouquet for Ian's and my first Christmas.


What You Need:
+ a glass ornament with a removable top
+ baby's hospital beanie
+ baby's hospital bracelet
+ a pencil, ( or something to push the beanie inside )
+  embossing pen / powder and heat tool OR a paint pen
+  string or twine


First, take the top off the glass ornament. Begin to push the tiny beanie inside the ornament using the bottom of a pencil to guide the fabric through the hole. 
Once the beanie is inside, arrange it how you like. I used a dental tool to help me move it around. This worked well because it has a hook like end that will catch the fabric.

Then, add in babies little hospital bracelet and arrange so the text is visible.

Add the top back to the ornament, and write "baby's First Christmas" (I said " Logan's First Christmas").  I chose to emboss mine because I like the look - but a paint pen would work just as well too. Here are some pictures from each angle. I love the way it turned out! 


What special things have you done to commemorate your babies first holidays?
Merry Christmas!
XO, B




Post a Comment